The invitations are out, the RSVPs have started coming in, thanks to Pintrest I have all the decorations ideas on my “board”, and the decoration materials (for the most part) have been bought. I have the cake on order and even secured a face painter. It’s been a very busy few days and here is what I have learned that hopefully you can learn from should you ever find yourself in a similar situation.
- It’s possible to spend over $120.00 at the Dollar Store
- Everything looks easy on Pintrest specially when you’re making decisions after 11:00pm
- Don’t share what your ideas are for the party with the birthday girl until you’re sure the ideas are actually as easy as they look
- Taking your birthday girl shopping with you for the birthday loot will only end in tears when you refuse to spend $40 per child.
- Don’t promise the birthday girl a piñata when you have absolutely nowhere in your home where a dozen little girls can swing a bat.
- Take good care of your dishwasher. Mine has suddenly decided to stop working, and I have been sick all week so there is a pile of dishes in my sink and 27 hours until the party. ( Cinderella washed dishes didn’t she? Maybe it can be a fun activity…….)