The Worst Mom Ever is a title I wear proudly. I earned it. I had to dig deep into my values and sense of purpose to even be considered for the title. After years of hard work I have finally been bestowed the honour of being called The Worst Mom Ever.
I didn’t get a certificate or a medal or anything like that, which is too bad because if I had, I would hang it on the wall for all to see. The privilege of calling me The Worst Mom Ever is currently held by my two boys. They don’t call me by my “title” everyday, but when they do, I am validated as a mother because it serves as confirmation that I am doing the right thing as a parent.
Now, you should know that although I love the spotlight, I enjoy it even more when I can share it with others. Below, I will share with you some of the things that have helped earn me this coveted title so that you too can become The Worst Mom/Dad Ever.
- Tell your 9 year old that it doesn’t matter if little Johnny’s parents let him play Call of Duty. He still can’t play.
- Tell your kids they can’t stay up to watch Ultimate Fighting
- Have your kids finish doing their homework before turning on the TV although there is a Phineas and Ferb marathon on.
- Make the kids play outside on a beautiful sunny day even though there are only 2 days left until that Xbox game they took out from the library is due back.
- Have them clean their room in hopes they find what’s causing that foul and mysterious smell.
This is just a small sample, but these definitely have played a huge part in obtaining my title. Feel free to try them too.
I am embracing it so wholeheartedly that I have even created a T-Shirt.