I downloaded the WordPress app on my Android phone last night and tried it out for the first time today.
Let’s start with what I love about it:
- You do not need to be connected to the internet to use it. You can write your blog, store it locally and once you have an internet connection you can sync and publish.
- It’s very easy add a picture. No searching for menus. Just tap the camera icon on the bottom right hand corner and either take a new pic or upload one from your phone.
- You can access your stats, notifications and manage comments very easily.
The problems I ran into:
- Typing over 5 words on my qwerty board made me feel like I had “big green sausage fingers” (points if you can tell me where that’s from) and I made a lot of typos.
- I ran into a problem formatting the picture I uploaded and couldn’t figure out how to fix it. I had to delete it and reload.
Overall I am very happy with the app and I’m writing this on my phone right now. Only this time I will take a look at it on my computer before I hit publish ( to avoid the typos)
As I was trying to save this above post I hit what I thought was “save” and instead published an unformated, typo ridden blog! Aughh. I had to kick my daughter off the computer just as Caillou was going to the park with his dad. So now here I am trying to fix what my App messed up ( yes my app I’m not taking the blame for this one) while my 3 year old is crying for Caillou. I still love the app but I need more practice.