When I was pregnant with my first son I had images in my mind of rocking him lovingly in my arms in the middle of the night. I was going to be the best mom ever. Nothing would phase me. I’d take him to the amusement parks and to play ball and he would be oh so happy. I would also be the career woman, looking sharp and chic in my work clothes while dropping my little angel off at daycare. Everything would be just perfect. Of course as any of you reading this who are parents know, it doesn’t quite turn out that way. I have compiled the list below based on my personal experience and I do truly think it would have made all the difference in the world if someone had warned me!
5. You’ll never be clean for more than 5 minutes ever again. Ever. Whether it’s boogers, or drool or Nutella fingerprints on your dress pants you will never arrive to work clean again.
4. Your kids will always be bored. It doesn’t matter if you just spent the day at Disney World, the second they’re in the door they are bored and will tell you about it over and over and over and over…
3. Sleep deprivation will make you forget the time right after you have looked at the clock, it will make you feel like you are floating above yourself and it will make you cry.
2. You and your husband will rarely sleep alone. No matter how tough you think you are and let them cry it out in their own bed, sometimes your just too tired to bother. That’s OK.
1. Poop and puke and all kinds of nasty things will get under your fingernails and even in your hair. That’s OK, just wash your hands and hair, and carry on.
What would you add to this list?
2 thoughts on “5 things I wish someone had told me before I had kids”
#6 Its inevitable you will own a station wagon or mini van. embrace it…..
Very very true.. thaks for stopping by 🙂